Saturday, April 3, 2010

Fun with Beans

Hi All

I am sure that you all remember that I am eating lots of beans, I like to see myself as semi vegetarian.  Anyways in an attempt to make dinner more interesting, and possibly because all the stores are close this weekend because it is Easter weekend, I came up with a new dish which was surprisingly delicious.

First take some left over crepes, if you don't have any leftover crepes make them.

Second make some delicious bean chili:

Instructions to make bean chili

Sauté onions (it does not matter how many you use just make sure you some some onions)
Saute peppers (again this is an optional add in, you can pretty much use any vegetable you like)
Add beans (again it does not really matter what kind of beans that you use because in my opinion they all pretty much taste the same)
Add tomatoes (I like to use quite a bit of tomatoes because I really like tomatoes)
Add cumin, curry and salt (just do this to taste there is no hard and fast on this)
Simmer everything for about 1/2 hour until all the flavors have combined, this dish will taste better the next day after being in the fridge overnight.

Anyways take a crepe or two and tear it up and place into a bowl and then spoon the bean chili on top, top with cheese and enjoy.

Anyways I will talk to everyone tomorrow have a great day all.

love

Wes

PS congrats on the decision Netty I am sure that it will be a wonderful opportunity for you.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds good Wes. I would like to get into the habit of using more beans and lentils in our cooking. Thanks for sharing this. Do you have any good website that you use for your recipe inspirations? Please share.

    Mom

    ReplyDelete