Sunday, October 3, 2010

Brussels

Hey family

As I had mentioned on Sunday I went to Belgium for a job fair and ended up hanging out there for the full day (a little unintended as I missed the last train for the night).  Here are some pictures that I took while I was in Brussels.


A picture from a pub of the one of the squares of "stay out all night" event

This was a great statue that we came across while wandering around the city, so our course I had to ham it up a little.

This was a picture of some kind of street performance, we were never able to figure out what the performance was all about.

This was a art center where people could come and bang on "instruments" to make music together as a community.  In concept it is a cool idea but in reality it was just a lot of noise.


A picture of the front of the stock exchange in Brussels (this was where everyone seemed to meet before heading out so it was a pretty loud place)


Pictures of Grand-Palace square (the next few picture look at all sides of the square)





This is a picture of the modern art museum in Brussels


Check out these pictures (I am proud of them) as I had to use a long exposure and make sure that I had a good vantage point to take the picture.





A picture of the European Commission





Some of the great cartoon murals around Brussels


The little peeing statue










It is said that if you rub the statue from head to feet then you will have good luck (and possibly find love) and yes mom I did rub the statue.

Anyways that is what I got from Brussels, I am sure that there will be more pictures as I will be back.

Love

Wes

1 comment:

  1. AWESOME Pictures Wes - the Belgiums are crazy - Peeing dog and Peeing boy stautes ?!? What kind of people making stautes of peeing creatures?!?

    ReplyDelete