Saturday, May 7, 2011

Mother's Day

Thank you family for your poems and good wishes. They are beautiful, very meaningful.

Yesterday, your father treated me to my favorite things. We left early in the morning for Kyungju, a city about 30 minutes from here. It's a well-known tourist spot, the ancient capital of Korea. It has lots of historical sites. There is a lake in the center of the city which has landscaped trails and green space all around it. Next to this greenspace, they have built several 5 star hotels. Last year Dad and I discovered that these hotels serve great buffet brunches so we have gone a couple of times now just to enjoy the brunch. It's expensive but a nice treat to enjoy once in awhile. We took work with us and after breakfast sat in the lounge doing our work for a couple of hours. The lounge has floor to ceiling windows which look out over the lake. Right now many trees are flowering so the scene was very pretty. Later we went for a stroll around the lake and found a traditional tea house stopping to have some plum tea. It is very sweet but tasty. Before heading back we stopped at an ice cream stand and had ourselves some ice cream. Then on the way home, we stopped at a plant shop and Dad bought me some plants for our front balcony. Last year we hung plants there which were nice to look at so I was hoping to do the same this year. They look really great. It was a wonderful day.

This morning your dad made his amazing Bread Pudding Breakfast. This time he made it with carmel sauce. It is just so-o-o-o-o-o-o-o good. It has lots of cinnamon, dried craisens, and pecans. Full of good stuff. Wonderful.

I've been suffering due to the pollen on the pine trees - it's really bad right now. Everything has a coating of yellow right now - it sifts into the house. I usually can handle it during the day, although I have coughing fits from time to time. However at night I struggle the most. Last night because we had left the window open during the day, I couldn't lie down - set off the coughing so I moved to the couch where I could prop myself up. Needless to say I didn't sleep well so I think that instead of going to church this morning, I am going to try to get more sleep. I'm still coughing this morning and don't know if I can sit in church without going into a coughing spell. I'm praying for rain to wash the pollen out of the air. It seems really bad this year. The trees are almost done so that should help too.

Thanks again for making this day special.
With love from your MOM

No comments:

Post a Comment