Thursday, February 10, 2011

Thankfulness

Sometimes when you are doing the simple things in life, you remember to be thankful. Take chopping wood for example. I was chopping some wood the other day and was very thankful!

Thank you Lord that that wood missed my head.
Thank you Lord that that one landed between my legs and not on one.
Thank you Lord that my toe wasn't in that part of my shoe where the axe landed.
Thank you Lord that it brushed my hair and missed my ear!

Yes, chopping wood is a good time to give thanks. That, and driving in Tirana!!!

3 comments:

  1. HAHAHA well put Netty, when I was in Switzerland I had to chop wood and I forgot how dangerous that it is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Wes - well put Nettie - there were many times when I'd have near misses while chopping wood for the stove in the mobile home at 678 Church Road - certainly those many near-misses were something to be thankful to God for (that they WERE near-misses, that is!!)!!!!

    As for driving in Tirana - now that's just suicidal!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read this posting at work and I had to struggle not to laugh too loud! I'm glad your OK!! I would like to know, did this happen in one wood-cutting excursion or spread out over a couple!

    ReplyDelete