Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Construction

Renovations are hard!

Yes that is how I have decided to start this blog and I will say it again Renovations are hard.  It s not that I am doing the renovations but I am doing the organizing and if you ask me the organization part is the more difficult part.

The first difficulty was finding someone to do this job.  It seemed that a few years ago everyone had a contractor that they would suggest however that does not seem to be the case today.  After a swing and a miss with a contractor that grandma had suggested I ended up choosing someone from the Christian Catalog (hahaha not a catalog for christians but rather a directory of christian repair people) to do the job.

The second difficulty was after having the contractor come and see the sink it was suggested that we not only replace the taps but the sink as well as there was rust and this would lead to future problems.  Following this news this meant that I now had to figure out where and what to buy for a counter.  This was surprisingly difficult as I thought that it would be a simple task of simply looking at Home Hardware or Home Depot websites and finding what they have for counter tops.  What I found is that it is difficult to find a simply laminate countertop and rather there are lots of stone countertops.

The last difficulty is making sure that what I am finding is what dad is good with.

Oh the joys of a holiday back in Winnipeg.

2 comments:

  1. So, very capable Son of mine, are you bragging or complaining?!?! Regardless Wes, I certainly don't take all you're doing regarding this renovation project for granted, and have already been singing my praises about you to your Mother and sisters! I'm sure Becky will be THRILLED to hear that you're handling this (very capably, I might add - I am IMPRESSED!!) so well, and am certainly hoping/praying for a great outcome and result!

    THANKS AGAIN Wes!! Like I'd stated, you're doing FANTASTICALLY well with this - are you sure you want to be an Economist and not a Contractor? All your efforts are mucho appreciated!!!

    LOVE AND APPRECIATION,

    -Dad-
    p.s. I was great talking to you so much over Skype the past couple of days - I wish we could do that more often, but am happy we've had this opportunity - I know life is busy!

    p.p.s. How was your "date" with Amber (I know, I know, she's got a boyfriend!)last night? I hope the Indian restaurant (butter chicken and all) was wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHA No worries dod I am happy to do my part in helping with the condo. As far as my "date" with Amber it went very well the Indian food was delicious.

    ALso yes it was good chatting over Skype these past few days, I have enjoyed it as well.

    ReplyDelete