Saturday, August 7, 2010

Not all in our family are world-travelers this summer!

Dearest Judy, Wes, Rebekah and Lynnette,

Well, not having been to too many places lately (unless you count Daegu and Pohang - but they're hardly exciting), and, considering I don't currently have a camera to take pictures with and post on our blog, I guess I'm just the interested observer - but somebody's gotta fill that role - right?!?!?! I want you all to know that I am a HUGE fan of each of the members of my family though, and am content this summer to live my live vicariously through the adventures of my beautiful bride and troublesome children!!! Sure, life is routine and somewhat boring this summer, but I'm at least trying to keep busy, getting a jump on the lesson planning for the upcoming semester. Lesson planning isn't all that easy, right Wes?!?

I do miss each and all of my family members - but, to be truthful, I mostly miss my wife!!!! I think of, and make sure to pray for each and all of you on a daily basis. I recently wrote Nettie and said, among other "pearls of wisdom [????]" that the parent/child relationship is one of imbalance - parents think of, and are concerned for, their children on a MUCH more frequent/urgent basis than the opposite - why so?: Good question, and one I hope to ask the Lord about when I'm dwelling in eternity!!! However, by accepting this as true, our children at least know that they're frequently thought of, cared for, and prayed about!!!

Keep those pictures of all those exotic places and people of the world coming [posted here on good ol' blogspot, that is!] - Albania, Hungary, Slovenia, Holland [even Winnipeg,] etc. - I LOVE seeing them and savouring the memories I know they must represent for each of you - like I've said, living vicariously is good enough for me this summer!!!!

Love, always and forever!!!!!

-Hubby/Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment