Sunday, November 7, 2010

Antwerp

Hi all

I know that it has been a while since I have posted and I am sorry about that I will try to post more often.  Anyways after finishing my last exam a few friends and I decided that we had spent too much time in a library and needed to get out and have a little fun.  After quickly ruling out flights to Warsaw and taking the train to Berlin we decided to head to Antwerp for a few days.  The trip was a bit of a bust as we had a bit of a string of bad luck when it came to Antwerp but it was still an adventure which is always fun.  Here are some pics from the trip.


The was one of the first sights that we saw when we got out of central station.  This piano man was amazing he had a piano hooked up to the back of his bike and was awesome.


This inside of the church seen below.



The central square in Antwerp, it is very much like the central square in Brussels



The was an amazing cathedral and we were able to get in just before a mass started, it was difficult to get this picture and I ended up having to lie flat on my back to get this picture.




Inside the cathedral, it was just as beautiful inside as it was outside.



This picture is for grandpa.



This was a modern art building that we found and ended up going in to see the collection (the art collection was really cool but they didn't allow pictures), anyways the pool you see behind me was filled with water and after a caution step in we realized that it seemed to be shallow however this was not universally the case and this was found out the hard way by myself.


MMMM Belgium Waffles


A harp store, it was a little unusual to see an entire store dedicated to harps but it was cool.

Anyways this gives you a quick idea of the trip.  Well I hope that you enjoy the pictures.

Love

Wes

1 comment:

  1. Great pictures. Now I have the answer to how the piano man was able to get his piano into the street. That must have been some bike in that he could carry a piano on it. The pictures of the buildings are beautiful. It reminds me of Germany. I do love the architecture in Europe. The inside of the churches are amazing. I wonder if we are missing the mark in the way we build churches these days. Our churches are so non-descript. The European churches created a sense of awe and majesty. I wonder if there is a connection that we are missing today.

    Thanks for the pictures Wes.

    ReplyDelete