Friday, March 12, 2010

Introducing the ONE, the ONLY: Huckleberry-Lemon Sones-that-really-turned-out-to-be-a-giant-cookie-muffin-concoction! Ummm!

Well, if you know me even a little, you'd know that following recipies doesn't run in my bones. When I look at a recipe I immediately think about how I can decrease the fat, use honey or less sugar, and use w.w. flour. (I tried to make waffles with no butter or oil but with applesauce instead. Needless to say, somethings need to have fat in them. Decided by all) So anyways here is the what the recipe was SUPPOSED to be:
2 c. flour
3 tbsp. w. sugar
1 tblsp. b. powder
1/2 tsp. salt
6 tbsp. butter
2 tbsp. lemon juice
2 eggs, beaten
1/3 c. half and half cream
3/4 tsp. lemon zest
3/4 c. huckleberries

This is what it turned out to be
1 c. w.w flour
1/2 w. flour
1/2 corn flour
1 tbsp. b. powder
1/2 tsp. salt
3 tbsp. butter
2 tbsp. lemon juice
3 tbsp. applesauce
1 tbsp. honey
2 eggs, beaten
1/3 c. yoghurt
1 tsp. lemon zest (I got a little carried away with the zest. I had to pack it in the tsp. to call it a tsp.)
jarred blueberry like things (because I don't know what huckleberries are, AND because someone had left us these jarred blueberries, at least thats what we THOUGHT they were!)

Anyways,... the concoction was good, but it didn't rise and kindof flattened like a giant cookie, but tasted like a muffin. So we ate a giant cookie muffin for breakfast. It was healthy, but definately needed more flour to make it more of a biscuit consistency. I liked it, my roommates thought it was OK but had a bit of a different taste. (Seems to be the way most people take my 'healthy' concoctions.) I've got a bit of a cold and thought it tasted fine! You can take what you want of the concoction, but I liked it!

Well, I hope that you guys have a great day! Love you heaps (Australian word)

No comments:

Post a Comment